Friday, September 14, 2007

The Children of The Night (part 1)


~+--- I. The Fall of The Evening ---+~ (1)

One night at Blagoevgrad city, in the Sofiya region of Bulgaria,
I walked home in a hurry. The dusk disappeared quickly, leaving a dark gloomy night that crawled slowly to the town. I had to reach home as soon as possible because it’s dangerous walking alone unguarded in the middle of dusk like this. There might be Methuselah wandering around looking for a fresh prey, a Terran like me.

I had to admit myself that I felt a bit remorsed today. I could had finished my job earlier but I was busy playing with my gadget that made me ended as the last person left the office. The daylight was almost completely gone when I stepped down my foot outside the main hall. I had no choice but go forward, no matter what.

My house was on my sight when suddenly I heard some footsteps. I looked behind but there was nobody. I continued to walk. The sound of the footsteps had gone but I still felt a presence of somebody or something moved behind. Suddenly I heard an explosion. Somebody shot a mortar in the neighborhood. A bunch of armed men was approaching. They were a group of armed men looking for someone or something. A Methuselah perhaps.

“Excuse me Miss. Did you see anyone running through this alley? Someone with a black cloak maybe?”
“Sorry, I didn’t see anybody. What is the noise I heard a couple of minutes before?” I was curious. They seemed hesitate to answer my question. But apparently they didn’t have any choice but providing me some answer. And no use for them to hide what happened since their face had already showing the truth. One of them who wore a black cap said to me,
“Um.. We are looking for a vampire who had just killed the major’s son.”
A vampire! I was thrilled knowing that my instinct was true.
The man wearing the black cap who seemed to be the leader of that crowd asked me again,
“Are you alone Miss? It’s not safe walking by yourself in time like this. Where do you live? I should accompany you, to make sure you are safe.”
“It’s okay, no need to worry. My house is near. That’s my house.” I pointed one the house in front them.
“Oh, okay. I’ll be watching you from here. Just to make sure you arrived safely.”

Minutes after that, I got home in one piece. I felt a big relief as I leaned my back on the locked front door. But, again, as I started to enter the room, I felt a presence of somebody, or something. I looked around; there were only silence. Maybe my feelings had tricked me.

I went upstairs straight to my bedroom to rest. The room was dark. I usually arrived before sunset, so seeing this darkness made me gloomy. Suddenly I felt strange in my own home. I stepped inside my room. Something evil lurking the air,
“Don’t move or I kill you!”


(continued here)

1 comment:

TandaPanda said...

hey... i love your anime, though i haven't been able to finish it yet. I was curious if you needed a beta reader, if so, then i would be glad to do it for you. In case you don't know what a beta reader is, its a person who reads your story's before you post them and corrects all the grammar and punctuation. I couldn't help but notice that you might be in need of a little assistance on that part, and no, I 'm not trying to be mean or rude, or anything like that, I'm just offering my free services... again, i love the story so far, and i can't wait to finish it... if you do wish for me to beta read for you, then my e-mail, is adnat2002@yahoo.com. My name is Tanda by the way and I'm really glad I happened to stumble upon your site...

samurai

samurai , originally uploaded by fragilefreaks .