Friday, October 19, 2007

The Children of The Night (part 6)

~+— III. The Night Breeze. —+~

My long and painful journey finally had over. I left that Terran’s place as soon as I regained my consciousness. I had lost a large amount of blood that made me fell in dehydrated condition. I had to leave her as soon as possible because in this stage I might not be able to control my desire to drink her blood. So I left before the crave for blood consumed me completely. My ketouda* had managed to pick me up in the wood as I asked. My wound had stop bleeding but I had lost a lot of blood and the lethal effect of the silver bullet spread fast and already affected my internal organs. I started to loose my sight when I saw the rescue team approaching. My father was very angry seeing me coming home injured like this. I was supposed to lead a squad, but now lying helplessly on the bed instead.

During my bed rest I had never stop thinking about that Terran girl, Karin. When I met her first I thought of playing her before drained her blood to the last drop. Then I thought of taking her to my place to prison her as my slave. But the more I talked to her, the more I got attracted to her. She was beautiful for a Terran. Her figure somewhat looked stronger than any other Terran I’d ever got. She might be destined to be a Methuselah. When I got wounded and had to ask her to help me, I wasn’t sure if she responded positively to my request. She could just hand me over to her comrades and ended my life there but she willingly did the operation and saved my life. I was superior to her until she saved my life. My arrogance had been beaten. I had misunderstood her. I had misunderstood the Terrans. I felt sorry to humiliate her like that. I had to meet her again to apologize to her.

More than that, I had a deep longing to see her again since. I longed to touch her again. I felt really happy when I finally met her. She was the most precious thing I’ve ever had. I promise to myself I will make her happy in every way I could.

An investigation team arrived a day after my return. The team had interviewed me a plenty of questions. I said nothing about Karin. I just said I managed to hide myself in the Terrran’s territory safely until the chasing was over. I didn’t want the team know about her and harm her.

Every time I met her I felt my heart jumping with joy. But I had a problem. Every time I see her beautiful neck, I had to struggle hard not to bite her. The smell of her flesh always intoxicated me. I shivered every time I see her veins lied beneath her fair skin. There was a deep desire to enjoy her blood as much as I could. But I couldn’t do that. I did not want to hurt the person I love most. She was too precious to be hurt. I was beside her to protect her, to comfort her, not to kill or hurt her. This struggle made me cried all the time. I had ever cried abruptly in front of her. She was confused and asked why. I could not tell her the reason. I just kept my mouth shut. I cried silently and bit my own lips till blood filled my mouth.

My father ordered me to join the Elite Royal Guardian Squad. Since I had the obligation for my clan and responsible for the future of Vasilica, our ruling Royal Family I joined the squad. I smell something secret had moved beneath this decision but I didn’t know what it was. There was no clue of what is going on. One thing I know, I had to make sure Karin is save, everywhere. If something happened, I would save her first no matter what.

Tonight I was in the headquarters receiving my first mission. I went to the meeting room. The atmosphere was heavy. There were two comrades there. One was young; the other looked older than the other one. Their faces were stern. They looked at me with an unfriendly face. The younger guy stood as I entered the room.
“Brother Ioan, good evening. I’m Maxine from the Central order of the Royal Family Squad. I’m here to brief you the mission. Brother Dragomir that is sitting next to me is assigned as the witness for this meeting. This assignment will define the future of our race Methuselah in the future.”

“Our intelligence had reported that two Vatican agents have come to our Terran neighborhood Blagoevgrad. The first was working as an undercover priest named Abel Nightroad. He arrived in Blagoevgrad a month ago. The second one was working undercover as a civilian named Karin Moravia a ka Ekaterina Ivannov. She’s been two months in Blagoevgrad preparing the arrival of Abel Nightroad…” I was freezing. I had been so careless that wouldn’t suspect her as an undercover Vatican agent. My head got dizzy.

“…We have observed their activity. So far, they didn’t show any suspicious activity around Blagoevgrad. But there was information that after Abel Nightroad’s arrival, many Methuselah agents who had been assigned previously to investigate the issue have disappeared mysteriously entering that city. Our intelligence has strong indication that this could somehow relate to the arrival of Abel Nightroad. He might post some secret weapon there with the help from his assistant, Karin Moravia. We are still lacking of information of what kind of secret weapon the Vatican have posted. Your task is to seized their secret weapon. After you get the weapon you have to assassin both Vatican agents immediately. You will be provided with any facilities you needed. Any question?”
The rest is not important anymore. Our relationship was at a stake…

*) Guardian knight


next

No comments:

samurai

samurai , originally uploaded by fragilefreaks .