Friday, October 26, 2007

The Children of The Night (part 7)

~+— IV. The Evening Dew —+~

Today, I couldn’t wait to see him again. I would wear my new dress for my beloved Ioan. He came silently as usual. He smelled so fresh tonight. His scent was like a grass in the midst of a damp foggy wood in the night. He smiled and kissed me. He didn’t say much. He looked a bit tired. I caress his hair softly. He didn’t even notice my new dress. Something had troubling him. I knew it. His face was so honest he couldn’t hide it from me. I asked him but he said there was nothing worries him. I suspect he might have found out who I really am. If that’s so, I had to warn Father Abel. I didn’t want my mission failed. He didn’t tell anything until he left. I hadn’t got much time to think further about Ioan’s strange behavior. I believe somehow he would be fine in a short time. I trusted him.

I had been very busy these days. My tasks had been doubled since Father Abel arrived. Not because he handed me a plenty of works but I often had to clean up the mess he had created. Father Abel was so disorganized. The worst thing was, when I was about to scold him, I always got hesitated. He always showed me his sweet innocent expression when he noticed the change in my face. I would feel guilty with my own anger every time I saw that sweet face. Father Abel always had a way to win my heart.

Tonight we were working late. This time we did a nice job until I ask Father Abel some papers we need for tomorrow’s project.
“Abel, where is the paper I need for tomorrow? You should hand it now or it would be too late for tomorrow.”
“Don’t worry, I have it with me.” He started to search the paper among a huge pile of papers. A minute, two minutes, ten minutes had gone…
“Umm, this should be here….”
“Where is it Abel?”
“Wait, it won’t be long. I know where I put it.” He smiled uneasily. “I should have put it here…” The pile started to get messy…
Suddenly he paused. He turned around and shows his usual “beg for mercy” expression….
“Dear Karin [with flowers], I am sorry… I have left the paper in my room upstairs… Don’t angry with me please…” I knew he started to get frightened to see a lot of “lightning” coming from my eyes. I smiled wickedly to him,
“I don’t know how you will hand it to me but I want go home now. I’m tired.” I yawned and left Father Abel dropped his jaw. I still heard he shout desperately,
“Karin, I’m sorry. Don’t be angry with me!”
As I start to walk out the door, a sweet familiar voice whispered in my ear,
“Don’t be in a rush dear.”
“Ioan! What are you doing in this place?”
Ioan smiled at me. He had a gun in his hand.
“Don’t you think I’m the one who should have asked that, what are you doing in this place?” His voice became harsh. He paused,
“Karin, why didn’t you tell me before?”
“Tell you what?”
“Tell me who you really are and what you are doing with the Vatican! You are working for Vatican, aren’t you? Why you are hiding this from me? I thought you were honest to me.” He got angry.
“Ioan, my works have to do nothing with you. Don’t you trust me?”
“Since you are hiding this from me, I can’t trust you anymore. You are planning something on us aren’t you?”
“I’m not planning anything harmful to you Ioan. I don’t even involve you in my tasks. I don’t want to put you in danger. I love you!” I approached him tried to calm him. He threw out my hands.
“Get off of me you Terran!”
Some footsteps approached,
“Karin, please don’t angry with me…” Seeing us, Abel stopped.
“Karin, are you alright?” He looked at us suspiciously.
“Abel!”
Suddenly Ioan grabbed me. He pointed his gun to Father Abel,
“You are Abel Nightroad, aren’t you? You have connection with missing Methuselahs who came to this place earlier because you have posted a secret weapon in this place. Take me to the weapon and I will do no harm to this girl.” He strangled my throat.
“Ioan!”
“Shut up!”
Father Abel looked at us puzzled.
“What are you talking about? I don’t know what you are talking about. I don’t carry any weapon. I’m only a traveling priest.”
“Don’t argue with me! I know you are lying. Take me to the weapon now!”
“Ioan let me go!” His fingers hurt my throat. I was choking heavily. Ioan suddenly threw me on the wall. My head hit the wall and everything went dark.



next

No comments:

samurai

samurai , originally uploaded by fragilefreaks .