Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Children of The Night (part 8)


~+— V. A Total Eclipse —+~

The night had been unfriendly for a reason. I had to finished a work that against my personal life. I remember talking to my cousin Janos a couple days ago. Janos was my cousin. He was the chief executive of the Intelligence Agency. He had been in his place for quite a long time. Maybe more than two hundred years. I could say, he was the eyes of our country. For years he had watched everything carefully to make sure our county always in control and at peace. He was a person who actually in charged of things silently behind the scene. Not many people knew this. I knew this because my father sometimes talked about him. Janos was the one who supported my father’s position as the head of intelligence. I suspected he might had plotted this assignment. I had to clarify this matter as soon as I could. I went to his workplace before the dawn. He still worked when everybody already left. He was always like that as far as I knew him.
“What do you want Ioan?” He didn’t lift his head when I entered his room.
“I want to talk about my mission.”
“There’s no discussion about it. You know that. The counsel had decided to appoint you for a reason.” He then looked at me with no expression,
“You have a strong connection with the Terrans especially with one of the agents. You could take advantage of that close relationship for our benefits. You must know I was the one who suggest this action.” I got angry hearing that but I couldn’t show it to him. As I suspected, he already knew my relationship with Karin and take advantage of it.
“You have no right to order someone to end someone else’s life like that.”
“What do you mean by “someone else”? Are you talking about the Terrans? Are Terrans equal to us? What is happening with you Ioan? Why do you, Ioan whom I know suddenly get soft like this?” He looked at me sharply. His eyes showed a glimpse of satisfaction as saying that words. He had won against me. He had played his cards well. He even coldly said that he was the mastermind behind this mission. I left him without say anything more. He had me in his hands. I had to make another plan to encounter him.

I decided to follow Karin tonight. She would notice my unusual behavior yesterday but I don’t have time to worry about. I felt sorry I couldn’t explain to her what troubled me this time. I had calculated any possibilities to the minimum casualties.

I had observed their activity in a week. So far, they seemed doing regular things. I secretly checked her schedule and I soon would approach Karin and Nightroad face-to-face. Tonight is the final moment for us. I had thrown away Karin hard to the wall. My heart was crushed as I saw her hit the wall like that. I had no choice but following orders. My deal was with this suspicious Abel Nightroad.
“Show me now.” I got closer to him. I lingered on the place where Karin lied down. There’s no sign of life in her.
“Wait, wait. You are Ioan Vasilica, right? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Father Abel looked confused. He knew my name.
“I’m talking about the secret weapon you have, stupid! Show me now or I have to shoot you!”
“You must be mistaken Mr. Vasilica. I don’t have a secret weapon. I’m only a traveling priest.” I was a bit hesitated to see him like that. He seemed telling the truth.
“I don’t have much time. Show me now and I will save your life.” I hit his head with the gun and pulled the trigger.
I shot his chest. Father Abel fell down on the floor. Blood was flowing down from his wound. My gun was only an inch from his forehead.
He said faintly,
“Nanomachine ‘Crusnik 02’; Mobile Restriction 40% acknowledged.”
A blazing dark figure appeared in front of me suddenly. Lightning and thunder circling a creature that stood from the place where Abel Nightroad fell before. Something evil with a pair of fiery red eyes was starring fiercely at me. The aura of this creature was very evil and dark. I was freezing with astonishment. What was that? I backed off and pulled out my haste*.
“What are you?” I looked at the shot wound. The wound had healed!
“You are under arrest because of an attempt to attack and murder Vatican officials. Release your gun immediately!” I attacked him with my haste. He caught the haste and stopped me. He moved faster than me, Methuselah! The creature grinned to me. He had fangs just like mine! I felt death started crawling to me. I attacked him again. He captured my hands
“Aaaaah!” I screamed in pain, he had broken my right hand.
“Don’t you ever think of this before? Human eat cattle. You vampires drink human’s blood… And I drink your blood…”
He held me and put his fangs on my neck…
“I am a Crusnik. A vampire who drinks other vampire’s blood.”
He pierced my neck as I saw hands reached out and hold that creature’s feet tightly.
“Nooo!”

*) Vampire weapon


next

No comments:

samurai

samurai , originally uploaded by fragilefreaks .