Friday, November 09, 2007

The Children of The Night (part 9)

~+— VI. The Light of the Dawn —+~

That night, two darks wings had spread widely in front of me. I spread wide and wiped away everything around me. A pair of red eyes starring at me, looked at me sharply and started approaching. Then I woke up in a strange place. The place was huge and so bright. I saw the golden bright light coming down from its wide and tall windows. It was a morning. I had a nightmare. The dark winged shadow still overwhelmed my thoughts. That image caught my mind as I opened my eyes. A blurred shadow of two black wings flashed vaguely still. It was a dream, or a reality? What is that thing I saw yesterday? What was really happening yesterday? I couldn’t think clearly. My head still felt heavy. Maybe I had a nightmare. I couldn’t remember anything clearly. I turned around and saw someone sat beside me.The person had fallen in a deep sleep because I could hear the rhythm of his snore. I gasped. It was Abel! He was sleeping peacefully with one of his hands on my shoulder. I touched his hand gently. He woke up suddenly,
“Ah, you finally wake up!” He said happily.
“What happened? Is that you Abel?” Was Abel the winged creature that night? Is that really him? Or I mistakenly saw him for something else? My head suddenly got dizzy. What about Ioan?
“Where are we? Where is Ioan?”
“Don’t worry too much. You still need rest.”
“Is he okay? Where is he now?”
He just smiled.
Abel had visited me every day. He was really caring for me. He looked more serious than before in these moments. A kind of deed from him I had never seen before. During my rest, I hadn’t got any news from Ioan. rAbel only said he still looking for Ioan. I cried sometimes when thinking about him. I wonder where he was now.

After leaving the hospital, I was ordered to go back to Vatican again. I went to Vatican with Abel. On the train, his face became serious. He brought me a cup of a mint tea and holds my hand. He looked at me and began to say,
“Karin, can I ask you a personal question?”
“Sure. What is that?”
“Do you really love this person, Ioan?”
I didn’t say anything. I nodded and couldn’t stand it anymore; I was burst into tears. Abel put his hand in his pocket, trying to take something out of it. He didn’t success, a lot of things popped out from his pocket, needles, candy, coins, toothbrush and anything else…
“Oh my, where is it? Ah… finally!”
He gave something, an ugly wrinkled handkerchief.
“Wipe away your tears. Mind the wrinkle, it’s still clean, I haven’t used it.” He grinned sweetly,
Abel caressed my hair softly.
“I miss him so Abel…”
I cried on his shoulder heavily.
“We’ll talk about this later. Okay?” He caressed my hair softly.
I sobbed and fell asleep on his shoulder.

next

No comments:

samurai

samurai , originally uploaded by fragilefreaks .